A tale as old as time. You are married and have great relationships. Everything is going just fine. And suddenly you realize something’s wrong. Something has changed. All your conversations are no longer romantic or even joyful, the sexual life is dull, and the time spent together goes slower and slower. Two strangers who see each other every morning and every night. However, don’t jump to conclusions since not everything happens because of cheating in relationships. Don’t panic or make reckless decisions. There’s no need to heal your broken heart and look through a ladies dating site yet. You can still fix it.
Reasons Why You May Lose Connection with Your Spouse
First of all, there’s no smoke without fire. And everything has its causes. Before thinking about how to reconnect with your spouse, analyze the situation. Here are possible reasons why you may have lost your connection.
- Good old routine. I bet you love your soulmate a lot. But the routine comes to every relationship inevitably. Sooner or later, it will come to your home and make you lose connection with your spouse. When we imagine a weeknight with our partner, our minds skip to snuggling up next to the TV and drinking tea. But often this dream is replaced by a sharp reality. You come home moody and gloomy, and everything you want is sleep. The never-ending circle of early waking-up, dishwashing, cooking, and watching kids (if you have them, of course) can make everyone irritated. Believe me, it will not stop on its own. Try to find ways how to reconnect with the spouse.
- Lack of communication. Any relationships require talking. Especially personal. Especially in marriage. But when one of you rejects to talk, the bond starts falling apart. Of course, it does not mean you should complain, blame, and abuse each other. But bad communication is better than no communication at all. Keeping everything inside has never been good for couples. Marriage is not about quiet tolerating.
- Fatigue and stress. Everyone works and thinks about bringing home the bacon. And everybody gets tired and brings home the tiredness too. You come home, and you take your anger out on your wife just because your boss is stupid. Constant breakdowns make marriage unhappy and toxic. They force couples to look at how to reconnect with your spouse sexually and mentally.
- Long time apart. How many times have you heard such a phrase as, "There's no such thing as a long-distance relationship." No matter how long you have been together, marriage tends to become less passionate. A long time spent apart in some assignments adds to this condition. It also gives rise to such bad feelings as jealousy and mistrust.
- Betrayals. It is the most disturbing thing that destroys relationships. It’s really hard to reconnect your relationship after cheating. It's important to take into account not only sexual betrayal but also emotional. Getting very close to someone else than your spouse starts misunderstandings and stress between you. Betrayals can never stay hidden, and it has no place in a healthy marriage.
7 Steps on How to Reconnect with Your Wife
Well, after you’ve figured out all the reasons it’s time to find the solutions. Just remember that you always need a comprehensive approach. Reconnecting with a spouse is a lifelong effort.
It may feel like climbing a mountain. But once you get feedback, the process will go faster, and the reconnection will seem easier. Here are 7 ways on how to reconnect emotionally with your partner, how to preserve a spiritual and sexual relationship.
Start talking to your wife and cheer each other.
Women keen on talking. Conversations are their way to connect. Nothing can weaken a relationship faster than simply ignoring the problem. Try to show that you value her feelings, and this will bring both of you closer. But don’t forget to listen too! Put away your phone and find the right balance between talking and listening. Don’t do a favor. Be sincere! Give it a chance! Even if your conversations aren't about big topics, believe us, they will help. Just sitting on a couch after a long day, sharing your goals and support can bring light into your family.
This is one of the most efficient ways of how to reconnect with someone. Notice all the ways your soulmate adds to your life. Nobody wants to feel non-appreciated. Observe all the good qualities of your spouse. This approach can show that you do care. Also, this does help you not be overly aggressive when something bothers you. Moreover, notice your wife's passions, hobbies, and activities. Try to express interest in them, and your connection will be stronger than ever.
Break out the routine from time to time.
Even really strong emotions can become boring if every ‘today’ feels the same. One blink and you are just roommates. Write your spouse a love letter if you haven’t done it for a while, go to a restaurant instead of having a boring dinner at home, find a babysitter and present her with new lingerie, etc. Even a cup of coffee in bed with a cure memo will be a good way, to begin with.
Touch and snuggle.
One of the most pleasant ways of reconnecting with the spouse is intimacy and touch. Take a couple of minutes to hug her in the morning and after a long day at work. Hold her hand when you are going out. Put your arm on her knee when you’re watching TV. Hug while she’s cooking dinner. Even these simple gestures make your emotional connection deeper. And this emotional connection improves sexual one. Such an interesting circle.
Do something new together.
Explore your interests. Take an art class, a cooking class or a dancing lesson. Overcoming difficulties brings together and pushes to communicating. You can start by doing puzzles, card games, etc. Whatever. Just do something interesting together.
Choose a book to read.
Again, the same thing. Read together. Then discuss it together. That way you will understand each other better. Simple as that.
Determine your future.
Sit down and set goals together. For this year or the next month. Goals for your money, health, business, kids, and anything concerning your life as a couple. There is no marriage without goals. That's why if you are aware of her expectations, you will know how to connect with your spouse.
How to Avoid Disconnection with Your Spouse Throughout Relationships
As we have already told, connection with your soulmate continues the happy life. And when problems emerge, ways on how to reconnect with wife can always help. But isn’t it better just to refrain from misunderstanding, bickering, and argues? A relationship atmosphere must have a consistency of happiness and support. Just remember a couple of rules that will transform your family life and enhance the marriage.
- Simply be honest. Not only to other people but to yourself too. It will save you from a vast array of troubles. Demonstrate your partner you are trustworthy. No jealousy can ruin your bond if you do so. At the end of the day, is it true love if you can't be trusted?
- Trust her. Trustworthiness brings the ability to trust. This is the reciprocal process. Let your wife do her things without constant reproaches and total control. There won’t be any problems with it if you are already linked by bonds of pure love – marriage.
- Be positive. Though relationships require hard work, they also bring pleasure and delight. Marriage is not a war, and you don't want to fight for something your whole life and always be suppressed. Conflicts are easier to resolve with humor. It releases tension. A good laugh helps you reconnect emotionally with your partner again and again. So there’s no opportunity for some serious problems to occur.
- Watch the tone. If you talk to your wife with arrogance in your voice someday, your marriage will happen to be ruined. That goes for shouting too. If you need a moment to settle your feelings down, find it. When you disagree, make sure that you accept the views of your partner. Respecting your spouse shows your love and care. Respect means you love her even for differences. No respect – no chance to reconnect.
- Learn to be flexible. Marriage is all about two completely different people living together. So, you have to be ready for compromise. The ability to accept your fault can also help in marriage. Don't be stubborn on the road to happiness.
- Talk during the day. It is a super-easy way how to reconnect with your wife. Even with a 24/7 busy schedule, you can always find a couple of minutes to send a text during your lunch. Growing such a habit is extremely important. It will help you build a happy and long-lasting relationship.
So, maintaining a strong connection with people you love is crucial, especially if we talk about marriage. It defines its success. If you have some troubles, we strongly recommend you to put what you’ve learned today into practice and save your couple. Just remember that a happy life is not built on expensive gifts. Seemingly insignificant moments can play the most important role.